Thursday, January 8, 2009

Belly Dancing


If you knew me about 10 years ago, you may have known about my involvement with belly dancing. Especially, if you were introduced to me by my brother-in-law Ben who always said, "this is Kelly, the belly dancer." Well, after my mission I never did go back to classes and lost contact with the girls that I used to dance with. I've had the costumes sitting in boxes downstairs gathering dust and making great nesting material for mice (I had to throw out the whole box). And I just kept thinking 'it would be fun to do this again'. Well, today I did it. I signed up with the belly dancing community class. It starts in just a few weeks and I am so excited. It is so much fun and really great excercise. I totally reccomend it to anyone. Don't expect any performances; I don't think I could bring myself to do that for an audience anymore. But at least now Ben can introduce me as Kelly, the belly dancer again.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Good for you! My belly hurts at the mere thought.

Weird but Happy said...

That is so great, I'm thrilled for you! I was thinking about it a few weeks ago and even meant to ask you if I could borrow your costumes; guess I never got around to it. I loved the belly dancing classes, they were so much fun!