Friday, June 12, 2009

childhood joys

i love my yard and i just had to share. it is becoming such a joyful place for me and i hope it's becoming a magical and joyful place for my children to grow in as well.
these are some of the things i love most about my yard:

secret hiding places (this one is obviously not so secret but just as fun)

hills to roll down and chase each other on

a nice place to hang out

these others bring me joy because they are memories relived from my childhood. all the neighborhood children ended up hanging out in our cherry tree eating cherries and spitting the pits onto the ground. my mom hated to mow all the baby trees that we were helping to plant. at our american fork home (if i haven't mentioned it before that house was a dream come true for little ones and i have so many fond memories because of that magical house, maybe one day i'll be able to buy it for myself) the fence by the garage was covered in these smelly, delicious yellow roses. i loved to put them in my hair and pretend to be a fairy or a princess they made me feel beautiful because they smelled so good. the peonies remind me of my grandma, her driveway was lined in these beautifully, fabulous flowers. they embody all things frilly and girly for me. and i'm so excited this is the first year that my irises have bloomed and i LOVE irises and would fill my whole yard with them if i could.



1 comment:

ShayLynn said...

I remember that house... it was a really fun house with fun places to hid and play! Your yard looks like fun for the kids and bonus it's fenced so they can't get out!