Monday, October 12, 2009

going public again



yep, i'm back. i've decided to go public with the blog again. an article in the october ensign really caught my attention again. it was about using the internet for missionary work. since my sister-in-law started her mission, i've been seeking a way to share the gospel more readily and this article turned out to be part of my answer. reading her letters has reminded me of how great it felt to share the gospel, that fire that burns within to share the great joy that you feel. many of you know that i am a latter-day saint, and a return missionary. i love the gospel. it has richly blessed my life and my daily perspective.
the main thing i wanted talk about today is Elder Wirthlin's talk during conference. He was one of the first Saturday morning speakers and he spoke about the influence of the Holy Ghost. "Father in Heaven knew that you would face challenges and be required to make some decisions that would be beyond your own ability to decide correctly....What may appear initially to be a daunting task will be much easier to manage over time as you consistently strive to recognize and follow feelings prompted by the Spirit. Your confidence in the direction you receive from the Holy Ghost will also become stronger. I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear."
I have found that as a new mother (i'm still figuring it out so i'm still new at it) i have often had guiding thoughts of inspiration come when i least expected it. those times that i've followed those promptings have led to help and answers that i never would have figured out for myself or only after A LOT of trial and error. i never knew what the Holy Ghost felt like for me until i was on my mission in the mtc. i know that it was leading me as i look back in my childhood, but i'm sure that i missed many precious chances since i didn't know what i was looking for then. i want to make sure that my children are aware of the guidance that is available to us. i want them to feel that 'warm blanket' of comforting love that comes from our Father in Heaven and know that it is Him. what power that is.

1 comment:

Old Main Photography said...

Hi Kelly! I loved that talk, too. I admire you for going public and sharing your testimony with the world. Way to go!

Your blog is so fun to read and I LOVE those pictures with the train! Your family is cute, cute. I'm grateful for your friendship and glad to know you!