Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Easter clothes


I have been agonizing like crazy over what to make for the boys for Easter. We've decided we'd like to start a tradition of giving new church clothes for Easter and try to emphasize the importance of the Savior more and showing reverence. Pretty easy with the girls, there are so many options for dresses it can make your head spin. But for the boys a white shirt just isn't that thrilling. I've been trying to teach myself to knit, but I'm afraid I'm just not up to knitting the a whole sweater vest yet. But today I came across this blog and knew I had found the answer. This girl's blog is amazing!! I'm sharing with all of you because when you've found a good thing you just want to share the joy.
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-boys-sweater-vest-from-mans.html

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I love DANA! She has a link on her site to Homemade by Rae. I don't follower Rae's blog, but I did pattern a super cute hobby horse from one of her patterns. It's made out of an old pair of pants.
I've been trying to figure out if I can do the sweater vest, but I don't think I have anything this year. But I'll be saving everything of Trevor's from now on!