Wednesday, August 29, 2012

baCk 2 sCHooL

Well, the boys actually started last week.  But yesterday was Fiona's first day in kindergarten.  I was so excited and nervous for her.  She reminds me a lot of me and I was really hoping she wouldn't be too nervous.  I think I ended up crying and not letting my mom leave me on my first day.  She did way better than I would have done.  She even got on the bus with her brothers without any fuss.  When she got home she even told me that she didn't want her brothers to sit by her anymore because she could sit on her own (I had been drilling it into Wes and Ian that they had to watch over her for me for weeks, I guess they did such a great job she doesn't need them anymore ;-)
don't you love the socks!  she's my girl.

walking to the bus stop, Ian is into being totally cool now. 
today our cousin carter met the kids on the way to the bus stop.  he just started kindergarten with fiona and they are even in the same class.  so fun!  here they are showing carter the ropes of waiting for the bus (they stand on the little hill to watch the bus come up the road) uncle trevor was there to supervise.  (can you believe the leaves are turning colors already!!!!)
lydia wanted to be a part of the all the action so she and Captain the feisty kitten joined me to take the pictures and watch for the bus.

I've been wanting to get a picture of all 5 kiddos together and this one came together last night spontaneously.  I thought it was so funny.

ev is just looking so different I had to get a pic of him.  he is such a pleasant little guy.  and those legs are just as much fun to squeeze as they look :-)
And thank you friends for not giving up on my blog and checking in on me every once in a while.  I love hearing from you and checking on your cute little families as well.  And Mel, I desperately want to get up that way again soon.   hopefully there will be a Washington trip in our future soon.  I will keep you posted so we can get together.



2 comments:

Sherry said...

the picture with all the kids is adorable! I love the little unplanned, smooshed pictures.

Cami said...

Darling, darling kids! Congrats again on the latest member of your family. I'm so happy for the both of you, er, the seven of you. :)