Monday, May 26, 2008

The Cure



Okay, I have been waiting for this concert for over 8 months. The original date was October 4th, but it got rescheduled for May 23rd. I was getting really worried because just last week Austin and I both got a horrible flu and I was so scared that one of the kids would get sick that night and we'd have to call the whole thing off. Fortunately, we were able to go and everything turned out great. It was wonderful. The last time I saw the Cure in concert was in high school and I had awful tickets. Robert was the size of a pillbug. This time I made sure to get floor seats and we were row 25. Robert was much larger in real life and I could even see his makeup this time :). I dressed up mildly (my reserve of goth clothes has really dwindled), I got several comments about my boots (I love those boots). Even though I know you really can't recapture your youth, it sure was a fun evening to dress up and get out with my sweetheart. And the concert went on for over 2 hours. They played all the great favorites (except my absolute favorite, Ode to Heaven). It's nice to get old with the one you love and enjoy some of the fun things you did as kids.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Oooh, lucky you! I'm amazed you got Austin to go to a Cure concert with you! Of course, I'm thinking of high school Austin, but still...
Very cool boots!
I assume by 'Ode to Heaven' you mean 'To The Sky', the one they played on the radio all the time, but you could never buy? Anyway, it's available on Join the Dots: B-Sides and Rarities http://www.amazon.com/Join-Dots-B-Sides-Rarities-1978-2001/dp/B0001906O0
An awesome collection that I borrowed from the library one day.