Thursday, February 26, 2009

puppies and a birthday!!


this is the look of a boy who just got a new puppy. Saturday we found 2 lab puppies that seemed to have been abandoned in our area (this happens frequently where we live). The children and zero (our healer/shepherd mix) absolutely fell in love with them, especially the one we have now dubbed 'black racer'. I just call him racer. The yellow one Ian called yellow-ee and we were planning on giving him to grandma, but he got out and has not returned.
I always told myself that I was done with puppies. They are like 5 hyper children in one. This one likes to tease (he already fits right in) and loves to grab whatever is in our hands and run off with it. This includes Lydia's dangling stocking clad toes; fortunately, he's only been able to pull off the socks and not any toes. But when I saw this look (the pic above) of true happiness and excitement I just couldn't say no and I talked Austin into letting us have another dog. Here's some more puppy-lovin' pics




This past Sunday was Fiona's 2nd birthday. We had a lot of fun with a little family party. She is such a cutie and I was so excited she picked a 'bug' cake. She's my girl.

4 comments:

ShayLynn said...

You amaze me- 4 kids and 2(+) dogs!! Holy cow I can't do a dog with 2 kids! Cute cake and cute kids!

Weird but Happy said...

I love the cake, it's really cute! And Fiona looks more like you all the time. We'll have to come up to tell her Happy (belated) Birthday and play with your new puppy.

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute!
I love that bug cake and those cute grinning pictures.

Melinda McBride said...

That is one CUTE little birthday girl... and what an adorable cake. Almost looks too good to eat!