Monday, March 16, 2009

my 33rd birthday






yes, 33. it is a big full number and I love telling everyone. my mom never would tell us her age and i never understood why. so i decided to never hide my age from my children, instead i'll awe them by the large greatness of the number ;).
for my birthday the weather was absolutely marvelous and we headed up to the hogle zoo. i've always loved the zoo, one day i may even work there. we ate pb&j sandwiches for lunch and didn't come home until we were all completely exhausted and very happy. On the way home we stopped at Bajio grill to pick up dinner. Bajio is my new favorite restaurant. Everything from there is delicious! After dinner Austin & I put the children to bed, left them with a sitter and spent the evening in a hot tub. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that with just my sweetheart and no children splashing us. It was a truly fantastic day. One I will think about fondly for many, many years. It was also made even more wonderful by all the good people who have blessed my life and thought of me on my birthday. Leaving messages on the machine and my facebook to wish happy birthday, and cookies, and offers to watch the kids. I felt very loved and that was the best present of all. Thank you!! And especially thanks to my wonderful husband and best friend Austin. He really made this day possible and did all he could to pamper me. Love you forever, sweets.

1 comment:

ShayLynn said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a perfect day! It was a great day to go to the zoo yesterday... hurray for spring!