Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shades of Mediocrity tag

my very creative sister-in-law came up with this tag and I felt that it was a good one. this is the link to her post http://benjodiandkids.blogspot.com/2009/03/shades-of-mediocrity.html
basically she asked us to post something from our 'ordinary' day, because it's more to the truth than posting only our wonderful achievements. It reminded me of a quote from one of the past latter-day prophets who said something about the greatest work comes from doing the small and mediocre things each day that finally add up to the wonderful work we're here to do. so even those days that seem to amount to nothing getting done as planned and cereal is still ground into the carpet or there are still gross dishes in the sink or a mountain of clothing waiting to be folded and put away it's okay and you've accomplished more that you think just by trying to do your best.
well here are my pics of everyday life here. it is a story of unfinished projects and a dirty kitchen. hope this helps you realize were not 'wonder women' every moment of the day, we have ordinary moments, too. and we can enjoy them as well.




these are pieces of an afghan I've never finished since I ran out of blue yarn and it has been sitting in the closet for over 3 years


this painting I started over a year ago and got frustrated with it so I put it in the corner. maybe one day you'll see the vision of it that still remains in my thoughts


this drawer hides three pairs of jeans that need to be hemmed (one is brand new, never been worn)


this unfinished shirt was supposed to be for Wesley last Easter and I'm trying desperately to motivate myself to finish it before it just ends up being a hand-me-down to my nephew because both of my sons are too big for it.


this last one is fortunately downstairs in my craftroom where no one but me ventures. i meant to do this motif all the way around and i only got these pathetic few flowers that aren't even centered over the door (which would have made it possible to lie and say that I meant to leave it like this)

3 comments:

Cami said...

I really like this post and will follow suit tomorrow.

Weird but Happy said...

Kelly, thank you for making me feel better about that to-do list in the back of my mind. There really are days when I feel guilty about not getting things done and I needed a reminder that it's ok, I am not a super human. And even though I often suspect that you are, this is just not true. I love you. =)

The Copes said...

With four kids under 5 I say it's a major victory that you even have the gumption or energy to contemplate any hobbies. You may have some unfinished projects, but I've seen some that have made it to completion, and they are wicked awesome! Let the record show that Kelly Cope makes some cute stuff....i.e. Roger's Birthday Hat.
p.s. This is exactly what I was looking for with my tag. You are 2 cool 2 be 4 real.