Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ee-Bee











I don't know how we came up with that nickname for Ian, but it's what I've always called him. Elections remind me of Ian. It was a big election year (Bush vs. Gore) when Ian arrived. The spot where the amniocentesis had been done was feeling a little weird, not really painful just not right. Austin and I took baby Wesley (10 months old), down to Mt. Loafer Elementary to vote. The line was insanely long, it seemed like everyone was there to make sure that Gore did not get into office. We stood in line with our baby for over an hour. I fortunately was offered a chair to scoot in line with me so I could sit every once in a while and rest my swollen legs. That night, well actually early the next morning, I wasn't sleeping well and I got up for a moment. Suddenly my water broke, just like in the movies, and I was glad that it wasn't in a cab or the supermarket or on a crowded street where it's usually scripted to occur. Ian arrived November 3rd shortly after. We gave him the middle name of Harold and he reminded me of Grandpa Harry in little ways. We've heard that he looks just like a Davis ever since.
Ian is my buddy, my momma's boy with muscles, a love of wrestling & accessories (like ugly cowboy boots, and goggles) and my determination (or stubbornness, depending on what the situation is). He's his daddy's little clone, though with mom's brown eyes.
Ian means 'Gift from God' and after all I went through emotionally and physically to get him here (his stubbornness to only arrive after his brother miraculously came to our home) he truly is my gift from a very loving Heavenly Father.
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY EE-BEE!!!

6 comments:

Weird but Happy said...

We are so happy to have him in our family. Happy Birthday Ian!

ShayLynn said...

What a great post of Ian! I am glad he was blessed to come to your home... he sure has a fun personality! Ty still talks about playing with him and how much fun he had.

Cami said...

Such a sweet post, Kelly.
He's a cutie!

julie! said...

Happy b-day Ian! I love your Halloween costumes! Bro, you always seem to surprise each year with an awesome costume. Nice make-up job...who knew you had such a knack w/ cosmetics?
My other favorites are Lydia's and Kelly's spider web. Seriously Kel, you are my creativity role model.
And I am totally with you, trunk r treating is the ONLY way to go!

The Copes said...

I like the Marquette shirt! Why have I never seen Fiona or Lydia wearing it?

Kelly Ann said...

about the marquette shirt. that's how he looked every time we put it on him and the minute i changed him into his BYU shirt he'd smile. i love this pic though because he looks just like the stay puft marshmallow man before the ghostbusters turned him to goo.