Sunday, May 16, 2010

my week in a blur
















This past week has been packed to the gills with awesomeness and adventures (what time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!!!!)
Sunday: Mother's day was wonderful. Wesley made a funny little guess who book about me. Some of the clues were "She loves shephard pie and hates coconut", "She likes to plant flowers and hates to wake up for family prayer" and "She likes to wear her dress, she hates to wear her nightgown" (one mom's said that she hates to wear her underwear). It was so fun to see things in his world from his point of view. Ian made me a recipe holder with his picture on it. He did a great job and every night makes sure that I've put the dinner recipe in it. Austin also bought me a neat little painting that he said just looked like something I'd like. It's fun and I do like it, he's so good.
Wednesday: It was our 10TH ANNIVERSARY! Ten years seem to have flown by. I love being married to Austin and feel like the luckiest girl in the world. We went out to dinner and just had a nice time being together.
Friday: Wesley & Ian both had field trips this day. Ian got to ride a llama in the rain, talk about adventure! I went with Wesley, Fiona & Lydia to Thanksgiving Point's farm country. It was a lot of fun. The chickens were a big hit and so were the horses, sheep, bunnies, piglets, goats, cows, tractor ride, and pony ride. We definitely need to go back soon.
Ian had a kindergarten exam after his field trip on Friday and he got 5 shots, he was so brave I'm always impressed with this little guy.
After the doctor appointment we packed up the camper and headed for Little Sahara sand dunes. We stayed overnight and had a great time playing in the sand all day Saturday. The kids didn't want to come home, but mom & dad were exhausted.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Congrats on your 10 years together! Two very nice people deserve such happiness!
Sounds like a wonderful week and a very sweet Mothers Day.

ShayLynn said...

Don't you just love having weeks like this?? They are busy but they sure make family time fun and exciting!

Hagbergs said...

Nice hose torture!!! I'll have to remember that for my kids.

Its been way to long since we've seen each other.

We should have a Breckenridge reunion this summer.

-Mike

Kelly said...

Whew! What a week you had. Sounds like fun. You're such a great mom!