Monday, August 8, 2011

well, hello again!

what a summer so far.  and in a few short weeks we have school starting, wow!

fiona was in the fiesta days parade and loved it. she is amazing. she is so timid and insecure at times, but when she is on that horse or even the barrel there is no fear. the confidence and joy just radiate from her. she was smiling and waving to the crowds as she performed on the barrel. it just amazes me.


here she is on the trailer with her legs dangling over the edge, in the pink





I also had the insane idea of taking the kids on a hike to the Y.  I haven't hiked it since college and I had forgotten how very steep it is.  We heard a lot of complaints, we left late in the day, and it was very humid.  Only my stubbornness kept me pushing them all to the goal.  I'm just so grateful that my sweet companion is so patient with me and my crazy ideas.  And now the kids are excited to tell all their friends that they've touched the Y.  What an accomplishment.  I was really proud of them all.
here we are by the Y, the white behind us

looking at Provo spread below us.  the white in the very top is actually the lake.  my camera was on a weird setting and I didn't realize it until we had already gotten home.
we hope to have many more adventures before the 22nd.

No comments: