Wednesday, August 24, 2011

hello! it's been a full, whirlwind couple of weeks

 this post is a little scrambled but I'm very short on time.  I tried to pack in the last 2 weeks in very few words and a lot of pictures.  I'm still running like crazy, probably until the end of next week.  but we are having a great time
the week before school started we packed in as much fun as we could

wednesday we went to the zoo



friday austin & I went to the demolition derby

2 cars rolled, it was AWESOME!

monday we went for a hike


and found a great place to play in the river

it had wonderful mud to squish

tuesday was pool day

thursday we did park hopping and caught 2 water snakes.  with snakes in my hand it made it hard to get any pics, but the kids were very impressed.
friday we had a back to school party at the ranch, so much fun and sun

last night we went to the ranch again to celebrate austin's 35th birthday!  I got him a zombie cake.  I got it from SIMPLY JUICY (I couldn't find their facebook page, I'll try to set up a link later) here in salem and they did an fabulous job.  the chainsaw is made of rice krispies and the cake was chocolate with a chocolate mousse layer, very very yummy.

this is 32 years of being buddies, and they never run out of things to talk about.



the boys started school this past Monday, just me and the girls all day.  it's fun, but we miss the boys, too.

this is how we found wes sleeping the night before the first day of school.  I think he was pretty excited.
this is how wes eats a pear, that skinny little thing on the top is where he's eaten all the way to the core, ALL THE WAY!
today fiona started preschool.  she has a 'my little pony' backpack that she is very fond of.  she had a great time, especially because her cousin milo is in her class and he always makes her laugh.

No comments: