Tuesday, January 4, 2011

lucky number 7

it just doesn't seem fair.  when you're holding these precious little bundles of joy, it's hard to imagine them ever getting big then suddenly WHOOOSH! you can't remember what they were like when just a few precious weeks or months old. 
our oldest is now 7! We celebrated at Pirate Island Pizza, we had a great time though I recommend not going Monday Kareoki night (no one would sing any good pirate shanties, just top 40 kind of stuff; it really put a dent on the misty, dangerous, lurking pirate cave aura)
I quickly made the felt pirate hats before we left.  Ian had gotten one for his birthday and they were so fun.


Happy birthday buddy!!



p.s. I also happened to see and very briefly meet nienie of blogging fame.  when i checked her blog today, she was there for a birthday, too.  it's the place to be if you're a little pirate at heart like most boys.

4 comments:

ShayLynn said...

Oh Happy Birthday Wes! Ty is not far from turing 7 either - it's kind of crazy to think how fast time goes by! Looks like he had a fun party and... lOvE the pirate hats - so creative and cute!

b. said...

I absolutely ADORE this boy!
I will miss teaching him in Primary.

I love that we share a birthday!

Cami said...

Funny...i thought you might be announcing an addition to your family...

Seven is big! Happy Birthday to your little man!

Kelly Ann said...

I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'll have to keep that in mind if we do add another. ;-)