Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday morning

I have never been a morning person, but going on a mission taught me many things including how to control my morning grumpiness because not everyone is as understanding as my mom (thank you hermana felix, you really put up with a lot of it).  Now as the mother of 4 little ones, two in school and having to catch the bus, I'm remembering that lesson.  With the boys in school, Austin having to leave early and our schedule changing to early morning church Saturday has become the only day I can look to sleep in.  This past Saturday was a morning disaster.  5:30am the cat ends up on my bed (we couldn't find her to put her out before we went to bed), 6:30am Wesley is awake and going to the bathroom (he LOVES Saturday, at least that's what he's taken to tell us everyday for the past two weeks.  and his excitement has him up) plus the cat starts meowing because in my sleepy state I didn't throw her out an hour earlier, I throw the cat out.  7:30 am Wesley is up again and in the bathroom again.  Sitting on his bed for an hour waiting just isn't his forte and he does LOVE Saturday.  8:30am the girls start 'neighing' at the top of their lungs, horses are meant to be loud.  I finally give up trying to get anymore sleep and go get the girls who I find fully disrobed and yelling at each other (they are sooo loud!  they got the Davis lungs).  I wasn't the happiest camper that morning, but made sure that I controlled my temper.  Austin, being the perfect husband he is, took all the kids on an errand to cash a check.  It gave me time to read scriptures, get in a mini workout and shower.  When they got back, Wesley walks in the door with a caramel apple from the big red barn in santaquin, hands it to me and says, "Mom, I'm sorry I didn't sleep in and that I woke you up early."  Austin is going to teach these guys to be wonderful husbands!  The one thing I am so grateful for this morning is that I feel like I have finally learned that lesson from the mission and have my inner grouch under control.  Letting loose really could have turned a hard situation into a horrible day, but now we can all just laugh about it and warn Wesley that if he gets up too early on Saturday morning than he'll have to go to bed that much earlier Saturday night to be rested for church in the morning. ;-)  I'm still trying to figure out a trick (other than duck tape) that will keep the girls quiet once they wake up.


this is just for kicks, the kids have some new favorite songs including Beat It by Micheal Jackson and We Will Rock You by Queen. I love watching them get into it and thought I'd share the videos of their excitement if you'd like to check them out.




3 comments:

Weird but Happy said...

Ahh, Kelly, this just made me laugh, thank you. I am so proud that you kept your temper; I'm still working on that one. As for keeping the girls quiet, morning cartoons and mini doughnuts kind of worked for me and Josh! =)
And if it makes you feel better, I have discovered how lovely sleep is but now that I want to sleep in, my kids refuse to. Karma.

Melanie said...

Way cute videos. Gotta love their energy!!

Melanie said...

Cute video!!!