Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fiona's 4!

So last week we celebrated Fiona's 4th birthday. She is so fun to plan for. She loves horses, princesses and pink pink pink. When I asked her what she wanted for her cake this is the answer I got: "I want a cake with unicorns on it and ponies and bambies (she loves Bambi) and the bambies are hugging the unicorns and a pegasus family but the dad pegasus doesn't have wings and the mom pegasus doesn't have wings and the baby pegasus doesn't have wings. And they're all hugging." I felt a little intimidated about tackling that one so we looked at pictures online of pony cakes and I found a doable one on the family fun website. She on the other hand spotted one that was shaped like a my little pony standing up. that was the one in her mind. If you've ever seen my cakes you'd know that cake decorating is not my strength at all. Frosting and I have major issues. Well, I finally saw one that she liked and I thought I could possibly pull off at the grocery store. It was really simple, frosted green with a blue frosting river running through it and plastic horses on top. I made a quick stop at CAL ranch where I found the horses and whipped up the cake the day of the party. Other that the mare being too heavy and ending up knee deep in frosting grass, the cake turned out great and she was so excited. When grandparents arrived she rushed them over to see her cake. I loved seeing how happy it made her.




I also had to show off the outfit that I made for her.  What's even better, after all the work she LOVES it and puts it back on as soon as it's been through the laundry.  I thought it turned out darling and I want to do one for Lydia, too.


this is her prancing pony pose

2 comments:

ShayLynn said...

I think the cake looks great! I dread asking Isabelle because I am sure her answer will be a princess castle or something and I don't do well with cake decorating either - not my strength!

Love the cute outfit as well - you are talented!

Weird but Happy said...

The cake looked great, I'm sorry we missed it. I love her outfit, it's adorable and you are amazing! Oh, and I really like the quilt on her bed too, where did you get it?
P.S. The word verification for this comment is "o fart". No kidding. =)