Wednesday, March 2, 2011

kindy 500

Last Friday Ian's kindergarten did the kindy 500. It was so much fun. Austin has been working on Ian's vehicle since before Christmas. As we were unwrapping presents he was eyeing the boxes to see which ones to keep. He started actually building right after the holidays. He's painting and refining since the beginning of February and he actually spray painted my windshield a bit at one point (fortunately, it seems to have come off). He built Ian an X-wing fighter, not to be outdone by the millennium falcon from last year. Ian was thrilled and had so much fun in the parade as all the older boys gave him high 5's. One dad even commented on how our kids pinewood derbies are going to turn out in a few years (I think he was jealous). I tried to get a lot of pictures, it's so chaotic it was hard to get really good ones.


Ian and his best friend Matthew, they love these days when all the kindergartens are together.  Ian has am and Matthew pm so they never get to play during the week.

Austin even got an R2 D2 to help at the controls

I loved that this one had a windshield, so cute!

this girl had working headlights and taillights, I could never get a great picture of them sorry.

this one was another favorite in the parade, Wes said it was his favorite, too.

Red Baron, clever

Not exactly sure what this one was, but it was unique and I like BYU

Fun boys in my group: Parker in a monster truck, Bridger in a pickup (that thing was heavy!) and Ian Skywalker

Ian LOVED the attention

another cute monster truck

the gravedigger (I got these pics just for Josh and Wesley)

another gravedigger,monster trucks seem to be the "in" thing right now

 I also kept an eye out for some cute girl ideas for when Fiona and Lydia get into kindergarten.  The ice cream truck would be fun, but the one below just screamed GIRL to me.  I think I'll be decorating theirs when the time comes, but I will definitely have Austin help build it.  He did such an awesome job!

1 comment:

Weird but Happy said...

I love the Kindy 500, it's such a great idea. I'm really sad that my kids won't ever get the chance to do it though.