Wednesday, March 23, 2011

yes, it's my party!

Last week I celebrated my 35th birthday!!
Yep, 35 is halfway to 70, but like Austin said so wisely, now I have another 35 years before I reach 70.  Just imagine all that I can do with that.  wow!
My birthday kind of got drawn out unintentionally.  The day of I tried to do 35 acts of service to celebrate.  One of the sisters in my ward mentioned she had done this for her 40th birthday which she had been dreading and it really made her birthday a wonderful one.  It was fun trying to think of different things to do, a lot of what moms do all day is service so helping Fiona or Lydia find their shoes for the 6th time really helped me meet my goal.  But it was fun to have a different mindset for the day and focus on helping others smile.  35 was a lot more than I thought and I didn't reach it till just after the kids went to bed.  Hopefully, as the years go by I'll get better at finding opportunities so I can keep up the tradition.
On the weekend Austin put together a fantastic evening for me.  We got a babysitter and went out to dinner.  After dinner he took me to the Stake Center where he had thrown together a party with some friends from the ward.  He planned several games for us to play and we had a great time visiting, playing and laughing.  I am so grateful for such a fun and thoughtful husband, and so many good friends.  I had a wonderful time and felt so loved.
good friends and treats=the perfect party

we played a relay race with hockey sticks and nerf balls

one game we had to move a nerf ball without hands from our shoulders to our ankles with our team mate

Austin and I dropped ours


this was called shrinking islands and you had to keep folding your paper in half without falling off

Austin & I got creative and won

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a nice hubby! Looks like fun!!